Wednesday, July 1, 2020

Please Vote for My Blog!

The WEGO Health Awards are back!

Every year, the awards honor online health advocates from many different patient communities.  There are 16 different awards this year, meant to recognize excellence in different social media platforms, as well as broader advocacy work done over time.

This is the fourth year I have been nominated, and it's a very cool experience. One of my favorite parts of being a health advocate is hearing from people in the Follicular Lymphoma community. I love your emails, your comments on the blog, and (I really want to find time to do it again!) your Zoom chatting. I know other advocates feel the same way.

I'd do it even without the awards, but this kind of recognition is nice, too. Some of the support comes from my community, and some comes from other advocates. I am always in awe of what other advocates do, and I really enjoy things like the WEGO Health awards because they give me a chance to recognize other advocates' work, too. It's a great few months to be an advocate.

The way things work is that advocates are nominated for awards (and can continue to be nominated through July, which is how people can add comments to the nominees pages). Also during July, nominees can be "endorsed" by others (which is really the same thing as "voting," but the awards people don't like to call it that). The three nominees in each category with the most votes or endorsements move on to the finals. A separate panel of judges also look at the nominees and choose three more finalists. Those six finalists are then looked at by another group of judges, who select the winners in each category.

This year, I have again been nominated for three awards:
  • Best in Show: Blog
  • Patient Leader Hero
  • Lifetime Achievement.

If you would like to endorse me for any of these, or all three, the easiest thing to do is click on this link:
https://www.wegohealth.com/LymphoBob/awards

It will take you to my nominee page. Look for this box:


Click on "Endorse This Patient Leader" and it will ask you for your name and email address (you'll need to provide this so they can verify that you have voted -- only one vote per email!). From there, it should be pretty easy to figure out.

Thank you for your support. I've said for a long time that I'd probably keep writing the blog even if no one read it, because it does me good to keep up on things. But hearing from some of you that I have been able to help you makes it that much more worth it.

Stay well.




9 comments:

Mark S. said...

Happy to endorse you Bob. Good luck and thanks for all you do for us FL patients!

icrazyhorse said...

I fully agree with Mark S. Please keep up the great support of FL patients.

William

Lymphomaniac said...

Thank you, William and Mark!

Jacqueline C said...

You got my votes Bob!
Good Luck!

Unknown said...

Thanks for all you do keeping us educated about our disease. Good Luck with the WEGO nomination.

Barb P. said...

Done. Thx!

Lymphomaniac said...

Thank you, everyone!

Paula said...

Done Bob thanks for all you do. I would be lost without this blog.

Lymphomaniac said...

Thank you, Paula! Glad the blog is helpful!