Tuesday, March 9, 2010

March Madness

Good news about Peter: He got the OK to go back to playing piano and saxophone. He can't play basketball (there are only one or two games left in his team's season anyway), but he's got the music back, and that's a great thing.

Speaking of basketball, with the NCAA tournament coming up, I thought I'd throw in a little trash.

One of these two men is Buzz Williams, head basketball coach at Marquette. Can you guess which one? Take your time -- it's tougher than it looks.





















I wish I could take credit for the comparison, but I can't. My thanks to the guys at Extra Mustard at SI.com. Marquette is on the bubble for the NCAA tournament, so we might not see any more of the Buzz Williams Curly Shuffle until next fall.

On the other hand, thanks to their sweep of Syracuse, the boys from Louisville look like they'll be dancing soon.

Might even see BU representing the America East Conference. Finals on Saturday against Vermont.

And with Maryland crushing Duke (and a few parked cars) last week (folks, setting fires after the game on the streets is bad enough, but setting fires on the court?), plus Quinnipiac rolling along, it could get really interesting around Lympho Bob land very soon.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Go Warriors!, um, Golden Eagles. I still can't get used to that.

Nice pic of Buzz. Reminds me of a certain English Professor when he was about a year old. At least the hair cut. Go ahead, keep bragging about your Spanish counting skills. We're all soooooo impressed, you Capt Bob art hack.
(okay - that tirade was probably unwarranted, but it did feel good. I gotta let go of some old fraternal rivalry wounds once in a while.)

I predict Quinnpiac will be the cinderella team this year. Only because I need a few more QU t-shirts....and the hockey team rolled over half way thru the season.

I'm buying some new running shoes. The wicked fast kind.

See ya

Mike

Anonymous said...

No comments yet on yesterday's March Madness? You're slipping a bit.

Watched Qpac lose last night in a back and forth with Robert Morris (yawn.) So much for the Bobcats Tournament play.

Well, my other favorite Blue and Gold team continues to press on in the Big East conference. Next up Villanova. Reminds me of some of the good '80s match ups.

Go Warriors!

I know that's not p.c. anymore. Whatever.

Mike

Lymphomaniac said...

I'm just not sure what to say, especially with Louisville losing....