Monday, August 22, 2011

Dr. R Visit

I saw Dr. R this morning. Nothing really new to report (which is, of course, good news).
As always, the visit consisted of blood work, a physical exam, and conversation about any symptoms I've noticed. No nodes popping up anywhere, and I feel OK (except for the occasional asthma flare-ups, which have affected my running), so things are good there.

As for the third leg of this diagnostic stool, unfortunately, their blood analysis machine wasn't working (the technician called when I was getting my blood drawn), so I don't have numbers for my blood work. I have no reason to believe there's a problem there, so I don't expect a call from Dr. R (who said he'd call if there was a problem, once the machine got fixed).

We're working now on scheduling a CT scan, hopefully for the end of the week. It's been 18 months since my last scan (which I got just after my last round of Rituxan), so Dr. R and I agree that it would be good to see what's going on inside. Again, I don't have any reason to believe there's much going on, but I'd rather have a more objective measurement than my own generally positive opinion.

So we'll keep doing the James Brown thing and say that I feel good. If I hear any news about blood work, I'll let everyone know. I'll also post results of the scan, once it's done and analyzed.

No comments: