Monday, March 22, 2010

Another Reason Cancer Sucks

My sabbatical last fall was great for me professionally, and in some ways, personally. But in others, not so much. I had too much unstructured time, and I fell into some bad habits. I put on some weight, and my cholesterol went up past 200. The rise in cholesterol made me angry -- it's always been very good.


So I've changed some habits, and I've been doing better. I get my cholesterol re-tested in a month or so, and I've lost about 12 pounds -- enough that it's starting to show.


But here's the problem -- no one can tell me that.

I mean, who's going to say to a cancer patient, "Hey -- are you losing weight?" What kind of a jerk does that?

I have to enjoy my looser pants all on my own.....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Little Brother_

Wow - good news on the weight loss. I'm down about the same since i started going to the gym in Janury before bike season begins.

I'm lucky though, because people can , and do, compliment me.

Of course the lack of follicular mass on top of your head is probably throwing everyone off too. (That was cruel, but you knew you had it coming after you goaded that dog into bad mouthing my alma mater.)

Sorry we can't get together for easter, but we'll be stopping thru Hamden a few weeks after that on our way to DC.

:)-

Mike

Lymphomaniac said...

Yes, that was cruel. Aim your venom at the dog, not at the guy with cancer.

Anonymous said...

Bob,

Three Words: Pa Tuan Tsin.

Those love handles will melt away.

Cholesterol, schmolesterol.

Tom