Friday, October 13, 2023

LRF Educational Programs

As I've done in the past, I'd like to alert you all about some upcoming webinars and educational programs presented by the Lymphoma Research Foundation. I have found them very helpful, and I hope they may be helpful for some of you, too.

One of the most interesting programs that the LRF offers is their "Ask the Doctor" series. This is just what it sounds like -- the chance to hear briefly from a Lymphoma expert and then ask specific questions. At one time (pre-Covid), the LRF held in-person sessions. I went to one of them near me a few years ago. But I think they might all be online now. These are not recorded, so if you're interested, you have to tune in live.

There are four "Ask the Doctor" sessions coming up in the next few months:

Clicking on those links will take you to the LRF we page for each of the webinars, where you can register.

the LRF is also offering a national virtual program called "Lymphoma Workshop: Understanding Lymphoma Basics and Current Treatment Options" on Saturday, November 4, 2023. this is an all-day workshop, from 9:30am to 3:00pm EST. There are a whole bunch of presenters for this, with a few sessions for specific Lymphoma subtypes. A few particular sessions look especially interesting.

The first is a session on Follicular Lymphoma and Marginal Zone Lymphoma from Dr. Thomas Habermann from the Mayo Clinic.I'm sure there will be some nice updates on newer treatments.

The other that looks great to me is called "Lymphoma Survivorship" with Dr. Carrie Thompson, also fro the Mayo Clinic. I've heard her speak before on Survivorship, and I follow her on Twitter/X. I think she's great, and her research is on survivorship and life after treatment. Should be a good one.

Of course, all of these are free.

I like LRF's programs because they usually feature some very good doctors and researchers who know exactly what is happening in the world of Lymphoma. But at the same time, they also know how to explain things in language that patients can understand. It's a rare combination in a doctor.

I hope some of you get a chance to attend. And if not, remember that a lot of LRF's programs are archived and available to watch any time.

Enjoy.



No comments: