Friday, May 21, 2021

Pan-Mass Challenge

Hello all. I'm about to ask you for money.

************

Once again, my brother Mike will be riding in this year's Pan-Mass Challenge, so once again I am highlighting his ride and asking you to share his request for donations.

The Pan-Mass Challenge is a bike ride that takes riders all over the state of Massachusetts (which is why it's called "pan Mass" or "all of Massachusetts") in early August. Riders accept pledges from people, and the money goes to the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute in Boston, which conducts research on cancer and cancer treatment. The ride raises millions of dollars every year.

My brother has been riding since 2008 (the year I was diagnosed), and over that time, he has personally raised over $66,000 for cancer research. 

On his fundraising page, my brother explains why he rides every year:

I ride in memory of and support for my many family members and friends that have been cancer patients. I've seen the dedicated staff in action and outstanding care that patients have received at Dana Farber, as well as the advances in treatment that are a direct result of the research conducted by the staff at Dana Farber. Please help me by continuing to support the work of the Doctors at DFMC, and their quest to find a cure.

Please consider making a donation, or passing along this information to others who might be able to. You can make a donation directly on my brother's page.

Thanks for considering it.  

 

 

1 comment:

Mike said...

Thanks, little brother.

Mike