Monday, April 20, 2020

Free Lymphoma Workshop

The Lymphoma Research Foundation is holding a free workshop for Lymphoma patients next Saturday, April 25, from 9:00am to 12:30pm (Eastern Standard Time).

(This is a workshop that would have been held in person, and was meant for patients in the Northeastern United States. That's why the time is early -- maybe too early for people in the Western U.S., but at a convenient time for folks in Europe.)

I got an email about this, probably because I attended a local LRF workshop a few months ago.

The lineup looks pretty good. Here's the LRF's description of the day:

LRF’s free regional virtual lymphoma workshops are interactive programs led by leading lymphoma experts who discuss lymphoma, treatment options, clinical trials and promising innovative research. These workshops can be listened to live on the telephone or via web streaming.
Program
•    Lymphoma Overview – Pierluigi Porcu, MD, Jefferson University Hospitals
•    Promising New Therapies – Andrew Evens, DO, Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey
•    Clinical Trials – Carla Casulo, MD, University of Rochester
•    Lymphoma Survivorship– Sharyn Kurtz, PA-C, Dana-Farber Cancer Institute



This isn't specific to Follicular Lymphoma, but my guess is that they will have some information that will be useful to FL patients.

I recognize the names of a couple of the speakers; they've done some videos for oncology websites, and they do a good job of explaining things in clear language. I'm sure all four speakers will do an excellent job.

If you're interested, you can find a little more information, and a link to sign up, at
https://beacon360.content.online/xbcs/S1791/catalog/product.xhtml?eid=19477

Alas, I won't be able to attend. I was supposed to be in Dallas, Texas next weekend for the HealthEVoices conference for online health advocates. We won't be able to meet in person this year, of course, but I'll be in online workshops for most of the day on Saturday.

If any of you does the LRF workshop on Saturday, let me know in the comments. I'll be curious about how it goes.


2 comments:

icrazyhorse said...

Hello Bob

I watched the first three sessions of today's Workshop - below I added my thoughts on these sessions.

• Lymphoma Overview – Pierluigi Porcu, MD, Jefferson University Hospitals. Excellent lymphoma presentation, particularly for people new to lymphoma.

• Promising New Therapies – Andrew Evens, DO, Rutgers Cancer Institute of New Jersey. OUTSTANDING summary of currently availabe lymphoma treatments - the A to Z.

• Clinical Trials – Carla Casulo, MD, University of Rochester. Most useful for people who have little knowledge of clinical trials.

I think the Workshop will soon be posted to the LRF website.

William

Lymphomaniac said...

Thanks, William. Sounds like it could be useful information to folks who are new to all of this. I'll keep an eye out for a link when it gets posted; send it to me if you find it first.
Bob