Wednesday, July 3, 2019

Vote for My Blog!

I am pleased to announce that, once again this year, I have been nominated for three WEGO Health Awards.

Like last year, I have been nominated for "Best in Show: Blog" and "Patient Leader Hero."

(And this year, for the first time, I have been nominated for the "Lifetime Achievement Award" -- or so I've been told. It's not actually showing up as I write this.)

The awards are now in the "Endorsement" phase, and this is when you can vote for me. If you are interested in endorsing me (voting for me), please go to my profile page:

https://awards.wegohealth.com/nominees/13062

To vote/endorse, click on the orange box under my photo.

There should be a new box that opens up, that will give you a pull-down menu so you can choose which of the awards to endorse me for. (You should feel free to endorse me for all three awards, should you be so moved.)

Also, be aware that you may be asked for an email address. You can only endorse me once in each category, and the email address is their way of keeping track of that.


Endorsements close on July 28. Vote today!


If you'd like to know a little more about the WEGO Health Awards:
 
The awards are given in 15 categories, and are meant to recognize "exceptional patient advocates, influencers and experts who make a difference in the lives of patients and caregivers." (You can read descriptions of all the awards here.)

After the nominations are made, and endorsements are over, the top 3 vote-getters (those with the most endorsements) become finalists for that category. A panel of judges will look at the rest of the nominees and choose two more to go into the finals. A separate panel of judges will then pick a winner for each category from those 5 finalists.

Now, it's a big contest, so there are a couple of hundred people nominated in each category -- lots of competition. I wasn't a finalist last year, or the year before, and that was just fine. It really was very cool just to be nominated.

That said, as cool as it was to be nominated, it would be even cooler to be a finalist -- I'm not going to lie.

So consider given me an endorsement or three.

And thank you for being such great readers.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

endorsed :)

Jeanne

icrazyhorse said...

Hello Bob

My wife and I each voted for you in both categories.

William