Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Cholesterol and Daffodils

First off, I got the blood test results from my physical a couple of weeks ago, and they look good:
 Cholesterol is 184, with similar positive numbers for LDL, HDL, and triglycerides. They are all slightly elevated from last year (when my cholesterol was 181), but all well within healthy range. PSA, thyroid, and vitamin D levels are all great.

And, while this isn't a blood test issue, I do want to report that I haven't had an asthma-related problems in two weeks.

Also I ran 4 and a half miles on Saturday.

So things are looking pretty good all around, physically.

And while, as a cancer patient, I always know not too get too confident about my health, I will point out that the daffodils are blooming in the backyard. They are a patron flower of cancer survivorship, showing up, reliably, every spring, and bringing hope.

So we'll just end it there -- on a happy note, without overconfidence, and with continued hope.

No comments: