Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Dr. R

Well, I'm afraid I have nothing interesting to report from my visit with Dr. R today.

My bloodwork was great -- no big changes with anything. The physical exam was fine; nothing new popping up anywhere, and the one large cluster near my hip bone doesn't seem to have changed at all. And I'm still not seeing any B symptoms (night sweats, fevers, unexplained weight loss, etc.). It was kind of a boring visit. About the most exciting thing was that he's in a new office now -- the old one was less than a mile from home, and now he's a couple of towns away. So I got to meet the new office staff. Plus, it's right next to a Christmas Tree Shop, so I popped in afterwards to look for something interesting, but left after 5 minutes because it was packed with people, even at 1:30 on a Tuesday. Insanity.

We talked about my next CT scan. He wants to increase the length of time between office visits from 2 months to 3 months, since this slow-growing cancer is growing really slowly at this point. So he wants to do the next scan just before my next visit, which will be in late February. In some ways, I'm anxious for another scan, just to see what's going on. But he says there's likely going to be no change if we do it earlier (and of course, no guarantee there will be any change in 3 months when it's scheduled).

Makes sense. I'll wait until then.

All of that is good news, of course. He's not overly worried, so I won't be, either.

4 comments:

mike said...

Bob -

Good to hear that things are still stable, although like everyone, we're hoping in a strange sort of way that you get worse so you can get better, if that makes any sense.

I just had my CAT scan so they can pinpoint the bone spur on my ankle. Thankfully, I'm going to one of the best foor and ankle orthopaedic surgeions in the area next week. Modern medicine is wonderful, but when he descibied the procedure as "just a little chisel work", I realized that the advances in modern medicine may not be as far along as I though.

See you soon.

Mike

p.s. Jim Rice is still a hopeless long-shot for the HOF vote.

Lymphomaniac said...

Yeah, it does make sense. I still occasionally wish for something to happen, but then I'm always happy when nothing has.

Kind of like the Baseball Hall of Fame vote for Jim Rice every year. (Except this year, of course.)

christine said...

Well i think it's great news!! ThankGod~xxoo

Christine

Anonymous said...

Hi Bob,

If it makes you feel any better, I was diagnosed in April with fNHL, grade 1, stage III and my CT scan schedule is annually!!! I go in for blood tests and a physical exam every 3 months.

I am at the Cancer Institute in New Jersey, not too far from you.

:-)