Friday, November 7, 2008

Doldrums

I've had a few things I've wanted to write about -- praising old poeple for their athletic accomplishments; posting some new pictures; giving some very exciting updates about Zevalin, the RadioImmunoTherapy treatment. But I can't work up the energy.

Which isn't to say I'm feeling fatigue (one of those "B symptoms" I'm supposed to watch out for). I'm feeling just fine, physically. I think we're getting to that point in the semester when everyone is just spent. Midterms are over, Thanskgiving break is a few long weeks away, and everyone is just kind of feeling mentally fatigued. Unfortunately, students feeling this way drag teachers down with them.

I have an afternoon full of meetings, including one where the university President and the Finance VP will tell us how bad the school's budget is right now. That will be an uplifter, I'm sure.

The good news is, I'm still the healthiest darn cancer patient around (go for my cholesterol etc. blood test tomorrow morning), I have a job that I like, and I'm not the chair any more, so I'm not the one that has to worry about the budget.

I'll feel beeter next week, I'm sure.

No comments: