Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Visit with Dr. R

Had my 4 month check-up with Dr. R today. Not much to tell -- things look good.

Blood work is "perfect."

He asked if I had any symptoms to report, so I gave him a couple. My asthma has been acting up (irrelevant), and I've noticed a couple of bumps on the underside of my upper arm. He examined them, and thinks, given their location, that they are unlikely to be lymph nodes. It's possible that they are lymphoma-related, a presentation of the disease under the skin (which is certainly not unheard of). They are more likely to be small fat deposits. (The only surprise there would be that my fat deposits are small.) It's nothing he is concerned about. If more bumps show up, maybe we'll do a scan. But nothing to do for now. Just more watching and waiting, which I am very sued to doing.

Small swelling in my lower abdomen/hip bone, where my original problem was, but that hasn't changed in a year at least.

So, the upshot is, everything continues to be stable.

And stable is good.

Four more months and we'll have another look....

No comments: