Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Indolent Lymphomas

Another nice entry from Dr. Jeff Sharman's blog on CLL and NHL. I've linked to Dr. Sharman before; he does a great job of providing very patient-friendly explanations about lots of NHL-related topics.

His most recent entry focuses on Indolent (slow-growing) Lymphomas and the similarities and differences among them.  Dr. Sharman discusses Follicular Lymphoma first, it being the bestest of all the lymphomas. (And the most common indolent lymphoma.) He then devotes some time to Marginal Zone Lymphoma, Small Lymphocytic Lymphoma (and its close cousin, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia), Mantle Cell Lymphoma, and Waldenstrom's Lymphoma. As his descriptions make clear, they all have some similarities, but some differences as well.

I especially like his description of how Follicular Lymphoma arises. Doing its job and something goes wrong. See the link for a full explanation.

I enjoy reading his blog and look forward to many more of his clear explanations.

****************************

Today is my 20th wedding anniversary, so I want to give an "I love you" to my wife, who embodies the whole idea of "for better or for worse, in sickness and in health" in the way she has loved and supported me through all of this. (And for the way she puts up with some of the methods I use to deal with it....)

I look forward to another 20 wonderful years with you, darlin'.

No comments: