Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My New Favorite Show

I have a new favorite TV show:


Man vs. Cartoon.


Those of you who know me well won't be surprised.


The show is about a group of engineers, scientists, and technicians in New Mexico who examine the various devices and schemes that Wile E. Coyote used to try to catch the Roadrunner (things like rocket-powered roller skates and catapults that launch anvils -- standard stuff available from the Acme Catalogue), and then use their expertise to improve upon those devices so they might actually be used in real life.


It's amazing stuff. I can't decide what I love most: (1) That anyone would take Warner Brothers cartoons so seriously; (2) seeing how happy they are when their ideas actually work; or (3) how seriously the peple on message boards take all of this.

The only down side is that it's on the TruTV network. I have it on my system, but some of you probably don't. You'll have to be content with videos from their web site (see the link above) and on YouTube (like this one, where they try out the coyote's swinging dynamite plan -- the big finish is here).

I'm no engineer, but I can fully appreciate their excitement over it all.


No real connection to cancer with this. [And I've erased three different sick cancer-related comments, so you should know how much I respect you all.] Just a suggestion for summer viewing now that Idol is done for a while....

No comments: