Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas Follow-Up, Part I

My goodness -- it's been almost a week since I posted. The holidays will do that. We've been busy traveling, cleaning up the wrapping paper mess, and catching up on sleep. But mostly I'm trying to get over a bad case of "Wii Arm" brought on by repetitive motions that I'm frankly not used to. Sad but true.
(And yes, while most Wii-related injuries involve being hit with a controller, there really are orthapaedists who discuss Wii-related sports injuries out there online.)

I have a few follow-ups from some recent Christmas-related postings to share.

First off all, if you enjoyed reflecting on all of the Christmas songs I wrote about, you might enjoy this quiz from the Chicago Tribune, "So You Think You Know Carols?" Twenty-five questions about song lyrics from Christmas carols. For the record, I scored a 23 out of 25, for a 92%. (I have a special talent for remembering song lyrics, as I've mentioned before. It's a sickness more than a talent, really.)

While you're at the Tribune web site, check out their gallery of photos of children crying because they're afraid of Santa. Apparently, readers send in the photos, and they've already filled three galleries. Here's a sample:



Of course, you know my theory -- the kids probably all just finished watching Rudolph.

And speaking of pictures, here's one of my brother and me from Christmas night:


A couple of fine-looking Scottish lads, aren't we?

And lest you think we might be betraying our MacDonald of Clan Ranald ancestors, the kilts we wear are not actually representative of any particular clan. I know -- I've done extensive research. What's important is how awesome we look. Amazingly, neither of us is holding a beer.

And a follow-up to Joe's comment from the last posting -- I didn't type all 35 steps. It's a total cut-and-paste job from another site. I'll be honest.

Another Christmas follow-up in a day or two.

No comments: