Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Happy Election Day

I try to stay out of politics with the blog, and today is no exception. Just two links, with comments:

First, I thought John McCain's Saturday Night Live/QVC performance was wonderful. He's very good at laughing at himself (and SNL was very good about giving him some good lines). Can't get the link from NBC to work, but check it out yourself (here's the lkink to the main NBC page).

Here's a link that will work. It's called "John McCain gets BarackRoll'd." It's a take on an internet prank called "RickRolling": someone sets up a link that promises something good (like a scandelous photo of a celebrity), but when the link is clicked, you get a video of the song Never Gonna Give You Up" by Rick Astley. (Here's the original.) This prank is itself a take on a similar prank, but the link took you to a photo of a toy duck on wheels (so you'd be "duck rolle'd"). Very clever editing. I like it when people take time to do their satire right.

Most of all, I like seeing Obama dancing. I'd love to find a video of McCain dancing, but they're all fakes. Having both candidates dance would justify one my favorite quotes, from James Brown, my icon and my avatar:

"The one thing that can solve most of our problems is dancing."

Now go vote.

No comments: