Sunday, June 28, 2015

Dr. John Leonard on R-Squared

Before I get to  Lymphoma stuff, I need to comment on this first:

The clothing store Old Navy has an online catalog, and they divide the clothes into the usual categories: men, women, children; pants, shirts, shoes; whatever. But then they divide things into certain "styles," too, and I have an objection to one: the "blogger" style.

You can see a sample here of what kind of clothes they think bloggers wear. I think the slip-on canvas shoes actually look kind of comfortable (though they do remind me a lot of the espadrilles my mother wore in the 70's). But I want to make it very, very clear right now: I will never, ever, wear a straw fedora. Also, there is way too much "skinny" clothing in this collection. Honestly, I don't know too many skinny bloggers. We actually tend to sit around quite a bit. It's not a lifestyle that results in "skinny" anything, except maybe "skinny lattes" when we're fooling ourselves that they are healthier.

Apparently, "comfort" is the goal.

(Though, that doesn't explain the fedora.....)

**********************************

On to Lymphoma stuff:

The Lymphoma Program at NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical College publishes a blog (no word on whether their blogger wears canvas slip-on shoes) called "New Developments in Lymphoma." I've linked to them before, though it's been a while.

Their most recent post is pretty interesting:

Dr. John Leonard, who teaches at the Cornell Medical College, gives a brief overview of recent studies of Lenalidomide + Rituxan, also known as R-Squared (Lenalidomide = Revlimid).

He discusses the AUGMENT trial that was reported on at ASCO, and mentions a couple of other trials that have moved onto phase III (I think these were the "promising" ones I wrote about a few weeks ago.

You can see the video here. It's pretty short, and doesn't have time to get into much detail, but if nothing else, it's a good excuse to mention the Cornell blog again, and to encourage you to read  around in it.

(And, of course, a good excuse to reconsider my wardrobe.)


http://cornell-lymphoma.com/2015/06/26/dr-john-leonard-discusses-use-of-lenalidomide-rituximab-in-patients-with-recurrent-follicular-lymphoma/

No comments: