Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas

A couple of weeks ago, some students from Berklee College of Music did a "pop up performance" at the Museum of Fine Arts in Boston, singing "O Hold Night" in the cafeteria.



It kind of has it all for me. For one thing, I love a flash mob -- people showing up unannounced and bringing some unexpected joy to others, just for a few minutes.

Plus, "O Holy Night" is one of my favorite Christmas songs. And the young man who sings lead, Mark Joseph, just nails it.

Plus, it's at the Museum of Fine Arts, which brings back some nice memories of living in Boston. On one side of the MFA is Northeastern University, where I met my wife. On the other is the Fens, and behind that, the neighborhood where my wife (then my girlfriend) lived. I spent lots of time walking behind the MFA with Isabel on the way to class.

And finally, there's Berklee, where my son spent a few days last summer at a jazz saxophone workshop. I don't post braggy videos of my kids much any more, but they still bring me just as much joy, particularly with their music.

Quite the formula for happiness.

I want to wish a Merry Christmas to all of you who celebrate it. And for those of you who don't, I wish you a day full of peace.




No comments: