Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Pan Mass Challenge

Once again, my brother Mike will be riding in this year's Pan Mass Challenge, a bike riding event that raises money for cancer research. H's leaner and meaner this year than ever before. Mike sent this letter out recently, asking previous donors to consider donating again.
I'm asking you to please consider donating to this worthy cause.
 *************************************
 May 1, 2012
 This year on August 4th, I will be joining over 5,000 cyclists riding for my 5th year in the Pan Mass Challenge to raise research funds for the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston. 
As many of you may know from sponsoring me in the past, this cause is especially personal to me as I have had several immediate family members and close friends that have been diagnosed and treated successfully for many different types of cancers.  Some, like my mother, Jean are currently patients at Dana Farber, and others, like my brother Bob, have been beneficiaries of the breakthrough research that has been conducted at the DFMC.
Since 1980, the PMC has raised $338 million for cancer research and treatment at Dana-Farber. The majority of this impressive total is considered unrestricted support-critical, flexible funding that can be directed where and when it is needed most. As the PMC generates nearly half of the Jimmy Fund's annual revenue, every rider supports the efforts of more than 3,000 DFCI faculty and staff members as they make countless advances that have become the standard of cancer care and research.
I’m asking you to join me in the fight against cancer by sponsoring me in my ride with the 2012 Pan Mass Challenge.  The doctors and researchers at the Dana Farber Cancer Institute in Boston are making tremendous progress in finding a cure for this terrible disease, but we need to continue to fund the fight and bring this to an end.
The easiest way to donate is to give on-line.  The PMC site is a secure site. 

To give on-line, you can go to the following link to my personal fundraising site:

http://www.pmc.org/profile/MM0386
Many thanks,
Mike

No comments: