Sunday, September 26, 2010

Busy Week

It's been crazy lately at work, and now that the kids' activities have started back up, it seems like we don't have 5 free minutes. Hence, the slowing-down on the blog posts.

But we did take a little time out for some fun this week. We had a very quick visit with Mom to spend her birthday with her, which was very nice. The kids are lucky to have such great relationships with their grandparents. Love you, mom.

And Isabel and I had a rare mid-week evening out on Wednesday. We saw the Long Wharf Theater's production of Ella: The Musical, about the life of Ella Fitzgerald, one of my favorite singers. The show starred Tina Fabrique, who was fantastic. (If you have small kids, you'll recognize her as the voice of the "Reading Rainbow" theme song.) I think my favorite piece from the show was "Old Black Magic" (this is Ms. Fabrique singing it as Ella from a different show). But I'm not sure anything compares to the real Ella singing Gershwin.....

I'll try to be better about blog postings. Hard to find time to read these days.

No comments: