Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Like Pulling Teeth

I mess with my kids all the time. I rarely miss an opportunity. (See that Peter, Scottish Warrior King video, for instance.)

Like, when one of them has a loose tooth, and they're afraid to take it out themselves, I first ask if I can pull it, and then always they say no, so I come up with an elaborate plan to pull it out. Like, I'll say we can tie a string to it, and then tie the other end to the dog, and then dip a tennis ball in beef gravy, and then throw it, so Strudel will chase the ball and pull out the tooth. They say no, of course.

So I have to admire the guy who tied a string to his kid's tooth, and then tied the other end to a model rocket.

How do I know he wasn't just messing with the kid and making it up? Because he posted a video of it on the internet.

It sorta seems like it was the kid's idea, and maybe it was, but he needed a Dad to really work out the logistics.

I admire Dad for convincing the kid to go along with it. And I admire him more for convincing the kid that it was the kid's idea.

You're horrified, but, really, a little part of you thinks that was pretty awesome, huh?

No comments: