Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Happy Birthday, Peter

My little boy is not so little. He turns 13 today.


Kind of strange having a teenager in the house, though he's been practicing his eye-rolling and grunt-responding for a while now, so we've been able to build up to it.


In his honor, I present a short video called "Peter, Scottish Warrior King."


I made this video with Peter in June 1997, when he was about 7 weeks old. Isabel had absolutely no knowledge of what I was doing. I took Peter into the bedroom and closed the door. Every few minutes, she heard me laughing or Peter crying a little, but she mostly left me alone.


It was a very warm, sticky June day in Kentucky, and being in the closed-off bedroom didn't make it any more pleasant. Which isn't to say I didn't have a good time.


(Sure, this post is really about celebrating Peter, but if I may, I'd like to point out that this video reveals some of the early promise that came to full flower in my more recent films, The Money Mobile and Cake Chief, don't you think?)


Anyway, a very happy birthday to our Peter. He and Isabel spent yesterday in New York City. where Peter's All-State Band was supposed to give an outdoor concert on the plaza at Lincoln Center, but got rained out. Today he's got a baseball game for one team and a practice for another right after that. He's doing great things, and we're very proud of him. He's going to make a great teenager.


Enjoy the video.




4 comments:

Joe said...

Poor kid.

It didn't kill him, so I guess it made him stronger.

Anonymous said...

Classic video. You editing and scripting skills have improved immensley in the last 13 years. Although for a wee lad of 7 weeks old, Peter did a commendable job as the camera operator.

Uncle Mike(Hockey Man, not the Cop)

Anonymous said...

Boy, no one can acuse you of coming in over budget on a film production, can they?

Reminded me a little bit of watching Mr. Rogers taking his cardigan on/off about a million times in a row.

Now I know where your schitzo (spelling?) personality comes from. Just kidding - it was very cute and very original.

M.

Anonymous said...

Boy, no one can acuse you of coming in over budget on a film production, can they?

Made me think of Mr. Rogers taking his cardigan on/off about a million times.

Now I know where you get your schitzo personality from.

Just kidding - it was very cute and original.

M.