Saturday, September 22, 2018

My Cancer Rainbow

My latest for Blood-Cancer.com is called "My Cancer Rainbow."

It's written in honor of Lymphoma Awareness Month, which we have another week or so of.

As you may know, lime green is usually the color associated with Non-Hodgkin's Lymphoma awareness, so that covers those of us with Follicular Lymphoma as well. Here's the cover photo I've been using this month on Facebook:
 your Profile Photo, No automatic alt text available.

But the NHL awareness color, and the ribbons that go along with it, have an interesting history. Who decides on these things? Who says "Lime green is our color now"?

Well, different organizations have their own ideas, and eventually one color wins out over another. (Or maybe not).

We've actually had a few different colors that could represent us. And I love them all. They're my cancer rainbow.


Click on the link to read more.

No comments: