Friday, February 15, 2013

Getting My Goat

I'm working on a nice post on Ibrutinib, the BTK inhibitor, and the fact that it was just granted "Breakthrough" status by the FDA. Pretty significant. It's had some very early research done for Follicular Lymphoma, though at the moment the FDA is looking at Ibrutinib for Mantle Cell and some other lymphomas. I'll get to it soon.

To be honest, for the last week or so, it's been hard to write on the blog. It happens every now and then; I just don't feel like writing about cancer.

Which isn't to say I'm not thinking about it. I can't think of a single day in 5+ years when I haven't thought about cancer. But sometimes it's tough to get excited about it enough to write about it.

The good news, though, is that I go through these periodic dry spells when things are going well. When there are problems -- either with me, or in the world of cancer -- the writing comes pretty darn easily. It's when I'm too busy, too healthy, too tired, too focused on other things, that it's sometimes hard to find the time to do some exploring and type something up. I have to stop, at those times, and be thankful that I'm healthy enough to be so busy.

So, no cancer stuff today. Enjoy, instead, this video of goats screaming like humans.

More on that Ibrutinib news in a day or two.


No comments: