Friday, September 14, 2012

Dr. R Visit

Saw Dr. R today. Everything continues to look good.

As always, Dr. R relied on three things in evaluating me: a blood test, a physical exam, and my own report of my health.

Blood test was "fine." The physical exam showed "some fullness" in some nodes, but he didn't think they were an issue. In fact, I pointed them out to him beforehand -- part of my "report of my own health." I know what "dangerously" swollen nodes feel like, and these don't feel that way at all. My health is otherwise pretty good -- just some normal 45-year-old man complaints. (At least I assume they're normal.)

We also discussed my status as an Award Winning Gardener. Sure, he accused me of painting my tomatoes the perfect red. But by the end of the visit, he came around -- they all come around -- and he was asking my opinion on using coffee grounds as a soil amendment.

(By the way, coffee grounds are fine as a soil amendment, but they'll make the soil more acidic over time, so use them on acid-loving plants like hydrangeas -- or potatoes, if you're a vegetable gardener. Or amend the soil with mineral lime to balance the pH. Get your soil tested at your Cooperative Extension Office first to find out how much to add. That's some free advice from an Award Winning Gardener. You're welcome.)

So, the upshot: 2 years and 9 months after Rituxan, I'm still doing OK. Next appointment in January.

No comments: