Friday, June 1, 2012

ASCO Highlights

The ASCO conference starts today, and while I've been writing about it for a few weeks, I think we need one more post to really get pumped up for it.

This one is a brief video from Dr. Andre Goy, another Lymphoma Rock Star. He very briefly discusses some of the ASCO research that he thinks will be exciting.

On his list: The Bendamustine-Rituxan vs. CHOP-R update for indolent lymphomas. I'm looking forward to this, too. It has caused quite a stir every time the study directors report updated results, and I suspect this won't be any different.

Like many Follicular Lymphoma patients, I have a vested interest: Dr. R and I have discussed Bendamustine-R as a potential treatment for me, should it seem appropriate. It's one more arrow in the quiver [I noticed I've been going back to this comparison more since I read The Hunger Games], and one more way to save CHOP for if/when it's needed most.


No comments: