Monday, April 23, 2012

Busy, Busy

I realize that I have not been good about posting this month. Just for fun, I looked back over the last few Aprils to see if this one was any different, and it isn't. Historically, April is the month I post the least on Lympho Bob.

It's a work-related thing; definitely the busiest time of my year.

To make matters worse, it affects everything else, too -- my running has been suffering horribly over the last couple of weeks, just as I had been picking things up really well and getting in way more miles than I had in a long time. I'm still running; just not the nice long (for me) 5 or 6 milers I had been doing.

So here's some inspiration for me to get back into my running groove when things calm down in a couple of weeks: a story about a cancer survivor who is trying raise money for the British Leukemia and Lymphoma Society by running from Manchester to London in a week. That's 300 miles -- about one and a half marathons a day, for a week. he hopes to raise 10,000 Pounds Sterling (a little more than US $16,000). Plus, he's 43 years old -- not a whole lot younger than me.

Good luck, governor.

And thanks for the inspiration. I swear I'll get back to those long Saturday morning runs soon.

No comments: