Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Take a Nap

Apparently, yesterday was National Napping Day, and I want to make known my disappointment at not getting a nap in at all yesterday. Today, either. A day full of errands, grading, and driving kids around. And it isn't even close to being over.

National Napping Day was created by a Boston University professor who wanted to highlight the importance of getting enough sleep. It comes, appropriately, just after we change our clocks and lose an hour. 

I don't think I've had regular naps since I had my Rituxan -- six weeks of Benadryl-induced snoozing. It was awesome. I've been tired since then.

Huffington Post ran a story asking people for the strangest place they've ever napped. I can't remember the strangest place I've ever napped, but I remember the strangest place one of my kids napped: Peter, about 8 years old, in the dentist chair during a cleaning. They gave the kids sunglasses so the light wouldn't shine in their eyes. The dentist asked Peter to open wider, and when he didn't respond, they checked under the sunglasses and saw him snoozing away. John, on the other hand, announced when he was four that "now I'm four, I don't need westess." Oh, well.

So take a nap. Do it for me.

No comments: