Saturday, November 5, 2011

Lymphoma Stinks

So I went out for my Saturday morning run today. I was up at 6:00, and hoping to get out by 6:30, because my daughter's first basketball game (a scrimmage) was this morning.  Isabel is coaching her team, and I needed to get them up by 7:30.

It was very dark and very cold at 6:30 this morning. But that was OK. I felt good about running, I'd slept well, and I had enough energy to decide to run a route that would be a little bit challenging. So I left my driveway, ran down the street, feeling good. Some downed branches blocked the sidewalk a few houses down from mine, so I moved out into the street. Still feeling good, and then....I stopped dead in my tracks.

About ten feet in front of me, a large skunk crossed the road. He (she?) stopped in the middle of the street and turned to look at me. I live with an animal lover, so I know to look for certain signs of distress in the skunk: stomping his feet, standing on his front legs -- these are not good signs.

But this skunk didn't do that. He just stared at me. I took a couple of steps backward. Satisfied, he kept on walking. I turned and ran really fast in the other direction.

I didn't do the challenging route I had planned (since a skunk was likely to be hanging out along there somewhere), and, full of adreniline, I ran much faster than I had planned and pooped out halfway through the run.

This is a cancer blog, but I can't really connect all of this to cancer in any way, other than to say:


But you already knew that....



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

P U

Love,

Papa

Anonymous said...

Glad you made it out of there unscathed!

<3 Julia