Monday, October 17, 2011

Flu Shot

The Center for Disease Control is urging everyone to get a flu shot.

Flu levels are low right now, which makes this a good time to get a shot -- before things get bad.

I got mine last week, like the good Do-Bee cancer patient I am.

(Wow -- saying I'm a good Do-Bee brought back some great memories of Romper Room, one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. I can't remember the name of the "teacher" from back then, but this version from 1980 is pretty good, too. I don't remember there being an actual Do-Bee, though, and I really don't think my favorite teacher could dance in heels like the one here.)


And I waited every day for the teacher to say my name when she looked through the magic mirror, but she never did say "Bobby".....

(And just in case my brother starts up with that "We never had that stuff when I was a kid" nonsense, Romper Room started in 1953. So deal with it.)

*********************************

Anyway, don't be a Don't-Bee -- get a flu shot.

No comments: