Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Emperor Video

I've mentioned several times the excellent book The Emperor of All Maladies: A Biography of Cancer by Dr. Siddartha Mukherjee, which won this year's Pulitzere Prize for nonfiction. It's a fascinating book, and I'm about three-quarters of the way through it. (Isabel was kind enough to give it to me for Father's Day, though she still thinks it's a little sick that I want to read about it so much.) I'll give my full review when I'm finished reading.

For now, Dr. Mukharjee is featured in this video, discussing the history of cancer during a lecture at the National Cancer Institute in June. It's over an hour, but fascinating, if you like reading and listening to people discuss cancer.

(And since you're reading this, you probably do like that sort of thing).

Enjoy:
http://videocast.nih.gov/summary.asp?Live=10310

No comments: