Thursday, February 24, 2011

Cancer Blogs

The health blog called "A Hearty Blog" published a list of inspirational cancer blogs a couple of weeks ago. The blogs are grouped by cancer type.

And yes, Lympho Bob is not included. It's a sham. As Fielding Mellish says in Bananas, "It's a travesty of a mockery of a sham of a mockery of a travesty of two mockeries of a sham."

Worse, there are no Follicular NHL blogs in the "Leukemia and Lymphoma" section. It's all Hodgkin's and Leukemia. Anti B-cell bias, is what it is.

But seriously, it's actually a very nice list of survivor blogs, and as they say in the post title, they really are inspiring. I'll admit I don't read any of them regularly, but I have read posts from a few of them. I recommend Cancer Does Suck But it is a Little Bit Funny, My Blood Hates Me, and I'm Too Young for This! I've seen posts from all of these, and a few others, and they do a very good job of explaining and inspiring.

Blogging is important. I think it does a lot for the patient who is blogging -- it allows us to get some things out. And it's certainly good for other patients, too, since we can connect our own experiences to others', and know that we're not so alone.

So I don't need to be on a list. If you're reading this, you've found me, and that's what matters.

Hope it helps.


2 comments:

Four peas in a pod said...

:-)

-Clarko

angie_angie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.