Monday, July 5, 2010

Happy 4th

I know it's the 5th, but I'm titling this post "Happy 4th" because we did have a happy July 4th at my brother's house, and I wanted to say thank you.

He's getting close to his Pan Mass Challenge ride, where he'll raise money for cancer research by biking for many, many miles over 2 days. There is still time to donate by going to his PMC web site.

Strudel has been training for the Pan Mass Challenge, too. She won't be able to ride the whole way, but she told me she plans to meet my brother on her bike, near the "elbow" of the Cape, and serve as a pacer, making sure he and his team stay at the proper speed to finish. Strudel has been working with her own bike racing team; you can check them out here. In the video, one of her teammates is riding about as fast as my brother will be.

Good luck, brother! Make sure Strudel drinks lots of water!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you guys could come for the visit. Perfect weather or the 4th of July - for a change.

Hope you enjoyed the ribs, and they weren't too spicy. I think I may have gone a bit overboard on the cajun seasonng that I added to the rub.

Nice video. Hopefully I'll get a better tail wind that that dalmation.

Mike