Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Birthday

Today is my birthday. I'm too busy and too tired to be philosophical about it. It's 7:30pm, and I'm finally getting a chance to sit down.

I should be grateful that I'm healthy enough to be so busy. I know lots of folks in my situation who are too sick to work, or are recovering from aggressive treatment, or who have just plain lost their jobs. I have a job, my health, and my family. I can't complain.

Last year on my birthday, I wrote about some small nagging health issues, like the weird dizzy spells I had been having. I talked about how the year after my 40th birthday was not a happy one (the diagnosis), but the year after my 41st was pretty good, health-wise. I made a wish for a healthy year following my 42nd. We all know how that turned out....

So if the pattern holds, this year should be a healthy one. My years are like Beethoven symphonies: the odd ones are great and the even ones suck.

That's as philosophical as I can get right now, given my energy level.

Speaking of music, I'll have one more "bragging" post coming up soon: video of the kids' piano recital from last Saturday. Peter also played drums in this one, so I'll add that performance, too.

And as a special bonus, you'll see video of the first public performance by a slightly older guitar player who goes by the name Juiceboxx....

....when I have time and energy to edit the videos.

For now, I'm going to have some cake.

No comments: