Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Muppets

Well, I think every other blogger out there posted a link to this video, so I, too, am going to give you the Muppets' version of Queen's "Bohemian Rhapsody." If you know the song, you'll appreciate it even more; if you know the original video from Queen, it makes it all transcendent.

The Muppets will soon have their own YouTube channel, so expect more. (I loved the rationale behind it -- in the 70's, everyone had a variety show, so the Muppets had one, too; today, everyone is doing digital shorts, so that's where the Muppets are treading.)

They promise a Muppet version of "Carol of the Bells" in time for Christmas, but you can enjoy Beaker's "Ode to Joy" for now.

***********************

And I tried like heck to relate all of this to Lymphoma somehow, but all I could find when I Googled "Muppets and Cancer" (I'll bet the Google algorhyth had a good time with that one) was a bunch of other blogs by cancer patients who linked the "Bohemian Rhapsody" video and said how much they love the Muppets. Plus one guy who saw the video and commented on a message board, "OMG, that was so fantastic I think it gave me cancer!"

Well alrighty, then....

No comments: