Sunday, November 15, 2009

Been a While...

I don't usually like to go this long between blog posts. If it's more than about four days, I start getting phone calls and e-mails from people wondering if I'm OK. I haven't gotten any of those calls yet, but I don't want to push my luck. My apologies -- I'm fine, but I've been busy.

On Thurdsay, I had kind of a breakthrough with the research I've been doing, and I've been focusing a lot of my energy (and thoughts) on the subject. I'm pleased that my sabbatical hasn't been a waste. (Not that it had been a waste up to this point anyway -- I have already written and presented a well-received conference paper, and written and had approved a proposal for a new course.)

I've also spent the last week or so reading Evan Handler's book Time on Fire: My Comedy of Terrors. A few weeks ago, I linked to a PBS show on talking to your doctor, which included an interview with Handler, an actor who fought leukemia when he was 24 years old. Fascinating book. I still have a couple of chapters to go; I'll write about it in a few days.

I'll leave you with this:

Blogs are supposed to include lots of links, and I do my best to connect readers to other experiences. In about a week or so, a new set of 5 very special bloggers will be going online. They are part of Proctor and Gamble's project called "On The Go."

P & G will be sponsoring a public restroom in Times Square in NYC, through its Charmin brand, through the holiday shopping season, beginning November 23.

In a few days, they will finalize their choices for the five "On The Go Ambassadors," who will provide a full social media experience by providing us with "a daily peek inside the cleanest public restroom in Times Square," with updates through Blogger, Twitter, Facebook, flickr, and (God help us) YouTube. Links to all will be available through OnTheGo.com.

I wish my soon-to-be fellow bloggers much luck.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Noni & I have used the Charmin restrooms in Time Square. They are on the second floor near Toys R Us. Very clean,lots of attendants and your choice of several different kinds of paper.

Papa

Lymphomaniac said...

Thanks for the recommendation, Papa. I'll talk to you off-line about which of the "several different kinds of paper" you recommend.....