Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Brain Tumor Rap

I haven't been able to find a whole lot of cancer humor on the web lately, though I've certainly been looking for it. (Doesn't everybody google "funny stories about cancer"?)


Someone on the support group posted this video, and I got my cancer humor fix. It features Dr. Alan R. Cohen, Physician-in-Chief at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia, and star of this video (along with some of his patients and staff), which explains how he treats Medulloblastoma, the most common brain cancer among children.


Before I give you the link, I need to warn you that there is some (well, a lot of) language and situations that might offend, though no more than in some rap videos (but not Snoop Dogg videos, if that's your thang). You've been warned.

It's not every day you get see a world-renown pediatric oncologist who's also straight up gangsta, yo. Here's the link. Enjoy.

3 comments:

Joe said...

Hi Bob,

Seems the video has been removed. I have noticed, though, that when you warn that something might offend, it's usually so mild that I wonder what sort of tender-hearted, sheltered, sensitive reader you have in mind.

Maybe that means we can get you to record your own cancer rap?

Anyway, hi, hope things are going well for you and your gang.

Lymphomaniac said...

That's a shame. It was a great video. But I can think of a couple of reasons why they'd have it removed.

And yes, the "offensive" stuff is usually mild, but I'd rather be overly cautious. My readership still includes some nuns, some youngsters, and my mom.

Joe said...

Bob, do you know about Charlie Lustman? He seems like great lymphobob material. He's a musician who has a whole album based on his experiences with cancer diagnosis, chemo, his daughter being born while he was in the same hospital getting treatment. I heard some of it on the radio this morning, he's doing a tour of cancer centers performing his music. It's funny, uplifting stuff, and at least the songs I heard should be fine for nuns and grandmas.

Check out his web site, http://mademenuclear.com/