Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Few Pictures

You know you haven't posted any pictures in a while when you go to post some, and realize you've forgotten how to do it....

Now that I've figured it out, here are a few pictures.

Halloween.

Peter dressed as a biker. He went to his middle school Halloween dance, and was a finalist for Best Homemade Costume, probably because it's a complete 180 from what his teachers know of him.

Catherine was Hannah Montana, which is no surprise, because the Connecticut governor issued an Executive Order this year that every girl in the state between 5 and 8 had to dress as Hannah Montana. (By the way, Catherine still has superstar amibitions, and still plans to call herself Morgan Oregan when it happens.)

John went as a Jedi Master. The tunic is store-bought, but Isabel made the brown Jedi robe, to John's specifications (that it be easy to throw off, should a light saber battle break out. Which has happened more than once since she finished the robe).



I think Peter is worth looking at one more time.














By the way -- I chaperoned the middle school dance. I went as Joe the Plumber. (Nobody got it, despite the name tage that says "Hello, my name is Joe." "Are you Bob the Builder?" No, I'm not. Go read a newspaper.)







Finally: Strudel dressed for Halloween, too. She was a medieval princess.



I love this picture. She was about as miserable as she looks....

4 comments:

mike said...

Tell Peter I approve of the ink. He's won a free ride on my bike next year when the weather warms up.

Don't tell Mom or Isabel. ;)

Lymphomaniac said...

I'll let him know, but you should know it's not even real ink. They're very realistic looking nylon tat sleeves from Walgreen's. He had everyone fooled, even up close.

If you withdraw the offer, I'm sure he'll understand. (Or maybe we'll just tell Isabel and Mom that you withdrew it...)

christine said...

those pictures are awesome! i thought you had drawn those tattoos on Peter, wow, looks very real!! and as for Strudel, adorable! thanks for posting, i had a good laugh!!

xxooChristine

mike said...

No problem. I'd never withdraw the offer. I'll even forge the parental consent form when we ride to Quincy Square to get the real tat.

By the way, that dog looks absolutely humiliated. You made my day.

p.s - Stephen Hawking is going to retire soon.