Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Scan Results

Dr. R called yesterday with the scan results -- everything is still stable.

I was at work when he called, so he talked to Isabel. He said some nodes are getting a little bigger, but some nodes "seem to be shrinking on their own."

(Now, we know not to get too excited about nodes shrinking on their own. That's all part of the deal with follicular lymphoma -- waxing and waning, getting bigger sometimes and smaller sometimes. There have been cases of spontaneous self-remission, where the disease goes away on its own, but it always comes back later. Not that I'd say No to a little remission....)

So for now, I'm still stable. I meet with him Dr. R next Wednesday for a physical exam, bloodwork, and to discuss the results the specifics of the CT scan, like what size the various nodes are. I need those numbers, since my Lymph Node Fantasy League standings are all based on statistics like that. I'd get double points if there was spleen involvement, but I'd just as soon give up the points.

*********************

No, I'm not really in a Lymph Node Fantasy League. That's sick.

But here's a fantasy league some of you might really love: Fantasy Congress! It works like fantasy baseball and football, but instead of picking, say, a pitcher and getting points each time he gets a strikeout or a win, you pick a member of Congress, and you get points for (this is from their web site):

Legislative Success- How well a Member of Congress moves his or her bills through the legislative process. Check out our Legislative Tutorial for more info.
News- Receiving noteworthy nationall news can indicate that an MC is working hard to achieve goals valued by the country. Additionally, coverage by local media can indicate that legislators are working on issues important to their constitutents.
Maverick Votes- It takes guts to stand as an individual against the party. If the vote is tight and your MC breaks ranks, they score higher in this category.
Voting Attendance- Ever since elementary school, absences have counted against you. Members of Congress are also evaluated on whether they show up to do their job.


How awesome is that?! On my Senate team, I have Daniel Akaka (Dem - Hawaii) because I love to say his last name; Herb Kohl (Dem -Wisc) because I know so many people who love to shop at Kohl's; and Joe Biden (Dem-Delaware) because I think he's losing his mind and he gets me Maverick and news points. I lost out on McCain for the Senior Senator draft, so I'm not drafting any Republicans -- they're all afraid to speak out right now, so they're getting few points except for attendance. I'll revisit that decision around convention time, and see if any are on the waiver wire.

Have fun!

2 comments:

Dave, Mandy and Marshall Hall said...

Awesome news on the scan. From one lymphomaniac to the other, I definitely like the idea of a Lymph Node Fantasy league! LOL. Keep the great posts coming and continued prayers and best wishes to you and your family.

Lymphomaniac said...

Dave,
I'm glad the BMB went OK for you. I'll be curious to know about which trial you end up in. Stay strong.
Bob