Monday, July 21, 2008

Had the Scan

Went in for the scan this morning.

It was a CT scan, not a CT/PET scan. (So it will identify strnage spots, but won't identify them as cancerous.) I don't know if that was a mistake by the oncologist's office in scheduling it, or if I'm just getting CT's now (which would make sense -- less radiation if I'm going to do this frequently). I know people in the support group who get CT scans and not PET scans sometimes, so it's probably normal procedure. I didn't notice until I looked over my instructions again last night.

Anyway, if you've been reading for a while, you know the drill. I still had to have the Barium milkshake, but the scan itself was 5 minutes long (not 30 minutes), so my shoulders didn't fall asleep, which was nice.

They're pretty good about getting results to me quickly, so I'll have more on this in a few days, probably.

No comments: