Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Scan is over

Had the scan today. It went fine. It actually seemed easier this time than in January, since I knew what to expect. For example, I woke up really early this morning, and didn't bother to roll over and go back to sleep, figuring I could nap while I waited for an hour the barium milkshake to kick in. (It was a nice nap.) Even the scan itself seemed to fly by. And I remembered to flex my shoulders every few minutes to keep them from numbing up too much.

I'll get results next week, when I meet with Dr. R on Tuesday. More then.

Thanks for your positive thoughts (and, for some of you, your suggestions for which drugs to take. Didn't really need them, but it's good to keep in mind.)

5 comments:

nicole said...

if you need any more suggestions on drugs, let me know....i got in touch with my dad's dealer, i heard oxycotton works well.......


im glad your scans went well today, im sure the results will be good too! good luck when you go back to the doctor!

love,
nicole

Lymphomaniac said...

Nicole,
You're contacting a dealer at your age? I think it's time for an intervention. We'll get all of your friends together. It's time they all met the entire family, anyway. That'll scare you straight...

mike said...

Nicle-

oxycotton? isn't that those acne medicine pads?

Since tomorrow night's the Jr. prom I think I better hide the remainder of the OXYCONTIN that my Dr gave me for the kidney stone pain.


Love
Dad

Lymphomaniac said...

I'd hide the car keys, too. And maybe lock her in a closet.

God help us.....

nicole said...

not my fault that i thought it was oxycotton...like cotton clothes..ya know?