Saturday, March 29, 2008

Some Pictures

A few people have asked me for pictures, mostly to pass on to others to show thatI'm still in good shape and not looking sick or anything (they need the proof, I guess -- oh they of little faith). I knew I'd posted some already, but then I realized they were race pictures, so I looked really tired, or awesomely athletic, and always had a hat on (these winter races are chilly). So here are a few, courtesy of my brother and his wife, from Easter.


That's me with the bunny cake. Yes, I decorated it. I'm good at that sort of thing. I like to think I inherited my grandfather's cooking skills, and my brother got his bicycling skills.

(That's kind of a family inside joke.)













An inspirational poster created by my brother, just like the kind you can buy from SkyMall Magazine on airplanes.


If you can't read the caption, it says, "Brothers: Because neither of us wants to be the only one drinking on a holiday."
A Connecticut friend enjoys my brother's posts to the comments, and wanted to meet him. I hope the picture satisfies you.




Another inspirational poster from my brother, this one from the post-dinner wiffleball game. I'm pitching, so this is probably just before I struck him out. He'll probably say it was just before the line drive that he hit off our neighbor's house, denting their aluminum siding. His wife took the picture, and I'm guessing she's just going to stay out of it.


Then again, he's the one who came up with the caption, "Wiffleball: When you stink so bad that you can't even find an adult softball league that will let you play." So maybe she doesn't have to say anything....


Peter is playing sax in an all-state symphonic band concert this afternoon at Central Connecticut State University. More on that later.


Have a good weekend.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bob you should have been an artist with those cake decorating skills. Maybe you could develop a new field - Cake Sculpture.

You look great. I am concerned about your brother though. Hehehe

Younger sibling solidarity,
Mary S-B

christine said...

i like the picture of you and the bunny, by the way, nice job, you should go on the food network cake challenges!! You would def. win:)

xxooChristine