Monday, February 4, 2008

5K Results and Pictures

The race organizers didn't take official pictures, but our friend Nicole had a camera, so below are a few pictures.

Official results are here. I came in 158th out of 339 overall, 23rd out of 34 in my age group (male 40-49). My offical time was 27 minutes 17 seconds, which put me at 8:48 per mile. Still feels pretty darn good a day later.











To the left: Andrew and I getting ready for the start.











Here I am crossing the finish line. Nicole's comment yesterday said I didn't look tired, but you'll notice I couldn't actually work up a smile.





My beautiful family congratulating me, and keeping me from falling down.

We left soon after, because Isabel thought it would be rude of me to stand at the finish and say, "Hey -- number 197 -- you got beat by a guy with cancer!" to everyone who finished behind me.

1 comment:

christine said...

Congratulations Bob, the pictures are really cool, you should be so proud of yourself, i would be, i walked probally 2 miles today and i felt darn good:), sorry i didn't get you anything, forgive me, should be getting our ribbons soon, take care,,continuing our prayers and staying positive,,xxoo

Christine